Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic for Lyme Disease Treatment in Centennial, CO
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
This time of year, it is important to be aware of the different bugs and illnesses that you can pick up- whether you’re home or traveling abroad. Lyme disease is a common ailment that can affect individuals of all ages, and is caused by tick bites. Ticks are small, brown insects that fester in moist environments, such as in tall grass and shrubs or piles of leaves. At American Family Care (AFC) Centennial CO, our team of medical professionals is experienced in diagnosing and treating Lyme disease and tick bites. Our physicians are all board certified and are dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with fast, affordable, and top-notch medical care. Here is some valuable information on the different stages of Lyme disease:
Early Localized Stage:
- Usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- Symptoms include a red expanding rash, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Disseminated Stage:
- Usually days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Disseminated Stage:
- Usually months or years after a tick bite, with no treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
Due to the severity of long-term Lyme disease symptoms, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible if you’ve been bitten by a tick. At our walk-in clinic, American Family Care (AFC) offers fast and easy appointments, saving you the wait time that you would sit through in a hospital emergency room. We look forward to helping you with any of your medical needs or questions at American Family Care (AFC) Centennial CO and hope we can help you feel better soon!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express